Hours of Work Per Week: 36
Scheduled Hours: 9am to 9pm (or as required) working 4 shifts-on, 4 shifts-off
Compensation: $17.39 - $20.00 /Hour
336-38 Westlock A-Team (may work split shifts between 2+ Westlock programs)
This long-term program mentors persons with developmental disabilities to maximize their independence, further develop their unique strengths and enjoy community integration through social and recreational activities.
* * The client in this program smokes - the support worker must be alright working in this environment * *
The Disability Support Worker will support the client(s) with daily living activities (meal preparation, household chores, laundry, etc.) and community access (accessing transportation to educational, recreation and community programs/events).
In Your Role You Will
• Encourage client in achieving Individual Support Plan (ISP) goals, support them during setbacks and celebrate their successes.
• Assist individuals, according to functioning abilities, with hygiene, personal care and daily living skills - such as preparing meals.
• Drive person in care (in your own vehicle) and supervise/participate with the client in recreational, leisure, vocational (training/employment) activities in the community.
• Assist individual with behavioural, emotional and social needs/skills
• Administer medication, first aid if/when necessary.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Experience working with developmental disability, mental illness (or home care, PSW, Education Assistant)
• High School Diploma
• MUST HAVE - Class 5 Driver’s License; reliable vehicle, clean driver’s abstract and adequate insurance
• Skills in coaching/assisting individuals in life skills, anger management, daily chores, self help & problem solving, etc.
• Must be physically able to do lifts/transfers and be able to provide personal care, such as bathing, etc.
• Committed to philosophies and principles of community based living for individuals in service.
• Good computer skills - as all files are electronic
What WJS Canada does
• Make a positive difference in the lives of the people you serve.
• Provide standard-setting service.
• Enhance and strengthen your community.
• Enjoy a challenging, safe, healthy and rewarding workplace.
Our Employees Enjoy
• A fair and equitable wage.
• Programming that meets current best practices.
• Innovation that sets and defines new standards of care.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• Staff training and career development.
How to apply:
Apply for job# J0922-0788 online at www.wjscanada.com
OR Click the link: https://clients.njoyn.com/CL4/xweb/xweb.asp?clid=76383&page=jobdetails&j...