JOB TITLE: PELLET MILL OPERATOR
REPORTS TO: PLANT MANAGER, LETHBRIDGE MILL
LOCATION: LETHBRIDGE, AB
Trouw Nutrition is a part of Nutreco, a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future. Nutreco employs approximately 10,000 people in 30 countries with sales in 80 countries.
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Pellet Mill Operator should possess the ability to operate pelleting systems and bulk receiving if required. The Pellet Mill Operator is expected to conduct all matters in a manner consistent with the company’s Corporate Values of Innovation, Caring, Capable, and Collaboration.
• Adhere to safety policies and procedures to minimize incidence of injury and reduce amount of recordable injuries.
• Constant quality and food safety awareness and take corrective action to prevent quality issues.
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding production targets while maintaining safety and quality standards.
• Follow assigned tasks on a shift basis.
• Ensure housekeeping standards are met within assigned areas.
• Maintain efficiency to ensure production flow will meet customer requirements on a timely basis.
• Effectively operate pelleting and associated equipment.
• Assist in the implementation of continuous improvement projects.
• Other duties as required.
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA:
• Grade 12 or equivalent
• Ability to operate the pelleting and associated equipment on the feed milling line.
• 2-3 years manufacturing experience.
• Mechanically inclined.
• Forklift certification.
• Knowledge of feed mill operations.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to work shift work.
• Collaboration, coordination, multi-tasking, high learning capacity.
• Alignment with the Trouw Nutrition Values – Innovative, Caring, Collaborative and Capable.
• Physical Requirements: Ability to regularly bend and twist, open and close lids, climb ladders, and lift a minimum of 25 kgs.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Full Time; Permanent.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Base salary commensurate with experience; bonus; health care benefits, pension plan with employer matching.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants can submit resumes until Oct 15, 2021, on or before 5:00 PM at https://nutreco.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Nutreco_External/job/Lethbridge--A...